Natural leather is a very durable, versatile and resistant material. That is why humans have not stopped using it since they started hunting.
Leather ages naturally, and colors can change and darken with use. However, leather bags improve with age if cared for properly, and can last a lifetime.
Leather is usually cared for with protective waxes that restore suppleness. Gently rub on some leather care cream when the bag is dry.
Fresh liquid or food stains should be wiped off immediately with a damp cloth or leather cleaner.
Before using a product, test on a small area that is not visible, such as the base.
Apply the product to a cloth and not directly to the skin.
Marks that appear on natural-finish leathers are usually superficial and the result of a displacement of skin oils. They can be removed by light finger pressure.
Ink and dye stains are difficult to remove, so do not leave loose pens or make-up inside the bag.
If the lining is leather, do not put sharp objects or lotions directly into the bag.
It is recommended not to overfill the bag, as it may become deformed over time.
Leather and suede are not waterproof. If it rains too much and you are going to be in a place where the bag is likely to get wet, choose another bag for the day. If you cannot prevent it from getting wet, dry it with a paper towel and wrap it loosely in paper so that it dries naturally. It is important not to dry it with a hairdryer.
Do not expose it to prolonged sources of heat and sun, as the leather may crack or discolor in places.
As it is a natural material, the leather should be kept clean and dry. If stored in a damp place, it may become moldy.
When the bag is not in use, store it in a cloth bag wrapped in non-acidic tissue paper. Do not use bubble wrap as it may stick to the skin.
If you are going to store it for a long period, undo the buckles on the straps so that they do not leave marks, and if it has been stored for a long time, you can polish the leather with a cloth.
So how should we take care of our ARBONIES bag?
- When storing our bag, it is important that we keep it in the fabric cover in which it came to us.
- If it is going to be stored for a long time, we recommend stuffing it with tissue paper or onion paper so that the shape of the bag is preserved.
- When storing the bag, do not place anything on top of it that could deform it. Place it in such a way that it keeps its original shape.
- It should be placed in a place protected from the sun and humidity. Direct and constant light can end up discoloring, cracking or leaving the piece in bad condition.
- When using it, wipe it with a cotton cloth to remove impurities and dust.
- Every 6 months we recommend moisturizing the leather of the bag. To do this we can use protective wax or Nivea cream evenly.